Sunday, April 13, 2008

Move Over Rachel Ray

Li slept in this morning and I thought I'd surprise him with some pancakes. We are too cheap for Bisquick and we are out of eggs so I spent almost an hour on the internet looking for a recipe that didn't require egg. I finally found one and I was so proud of myself as I mixed it all up and quickly poured it into a pan. I even remembered to turn the burner on early so that it would be ready to go. As soon as it was starting to sizzle I remembered that, in all my excitement, I did not remember to grease the pan. What follows is the sad result of my mistake.


Yeah, looks like scrambled eggs huh? Funny because there are no eggs in our house and that is what got us into this mess in the first place.

4 comments:

Em Levy {orange + barrel} said...

You are so cute!I did the same thing with eggs the other day, and then I burnt the toast!!!

mikensi said...

omg! that makes me feel better about my cooking :p wait, you've had my nasty cooking before. do french fries ring a bell? what a funny picture. they really do look like eggs, though. interesting. eggless eggs.

Melissa said...

you should post the no-egg-but-ends-up-looking-like-egg recipe for us! did li eat it? you're hilarious.

Brad Hanks said...

That is ironic because the first picture looks like a weird experiment with egg whites.

Weird food science rules!