Tuesday, February 24, 2009

Engrish

My brother Brett is off being a missionary in Japan. He read the following on a packet of sugar....

Sweet and delicious sugar live a life rich.
What tea, coffee, etc. "are drunk for as it is" tends to be considered to be stylish. However, the drink in which sugar are not contained is not a thing which the taste and a scent assert too much and everybody can not necessarily drink deliciously. Then, flavors are increase and the thing which becomes much more delicious in putting in the sugar of one cup of spoon. Furthermore, sugar relieve tiredness and give energy. Delicious sugar are your allies, when it is tired with work, or when energy does not come out.
Don't you read so far and doesn't a slightly sweet thing become wanting?


I want to visit Japan.

2 comments:

lex said...

I tried to read this out loud to Shay but I couldn't get through it without collapsing. I love Engrish. Best part: "or when energy does not come out." It's hard to choose a best part, though.

Anonymous said...

On my mission in Korea, if ever I came across bad English --which I saw frequently and surprisingly on many expensive signs on buildings -- I knew I could make a fortune as an English Editor....