Friday, April 2, 2010

The Explanation





I haven't blogged for a long time. This is partly because I've been reading the Book of Mormon. I almost didn't do my annual read it in a month plan; I decided to do it the night before. I'm so glad I did! Every year I'm amazed at how it is a totally different experience. This year was one of the best. Early on this verse caught my attention: 2 Nephi 27:23

For behold, I am God; and I am a God of miracles; and I will show unto the world that I am the same yesterday, today, and forever; and I work not among the children of men save it be according to their faith.

This was POWERFUL to me. My God can do miracles and he does them according to my faith. Pretty much the whole book took on this theme, so all month long I was reading a book about a God who loves his children and how I can have enough faith to get the miracles I need. Awesome. If you haven't tried the 17 pages a day plan (or 0 for 3 days and 50 after that is how I usually end up doing it) I highly recommend it. It isn't nearly as hard as you might think.

Reading has been taking a lot of my time, but also I'm not sure what I want to blog about. I could blog for hours about Carter and our daily dance parties. But I'm not sure how big my audience would be; I'm not even sure I'd want to read it. I have a few ideas of new things to blog about, but in the meantime here's what we've been up to.

Carter is our squishy baby and the love of our lives. He has two teeth, crawls all over the place and eats everything he can get in his mouth. His favorite foods are veggies and paper. He lost a little bit of weight between his last two trips to the doctor and is down to the 89th percentile for weight. He loves people and flirts with every girl he meets. He spends most of the day wandering around saying, "Oh Wow," to everything he sees.

Li, Carter and I planted a garden. (Carter mostly crawled around with socks on his hands, sticking his face in the dirt so he could eat it.) We found lettuce and onions sprouts this morning and got really excited. Li and I are "racing" in the SHAC triathlon tomorrow. Then we are heading north for General Conference. Carter and I will keep going up to Idaho to play with the Kanes for a week or so and Li will come back to work.

2 comments:

Kim said...

Socks on the hands is brilliant. I'm sure it would bug Tess so much she would spend the whole time trying to get them off than actually crawling around NOT eating dirt but whatever works. I am totally taking an extra pair to the Easter egg hunt Dave's family does in the desert.

Melissa said...

first of all, love your shirt. second, how was the tri? third, thanks for the BoM awesomeness reminder. I've been reading the OT lately and realize now that I miss the Book of Mormon.