Sunday, October 11, 2009

En Espanol

There is this adorable woman in our ward who just turned 90. She has the most amazing giggle and is very hard of hearing. She is always making loud comments and asking the people next to her to clarify announcements.

A few months ago, during a discussion of talents and the gift of tongues, I heard her "whisper" to her neighbor that she has always wanted to learn spanish. I laughed so hard and couldn't wait to go tell Li.

Fast forward to today. She got up to bear her testimony and her first words were, "Es verdad." She proceeded to tell us that she is literally learning spanish.

Why?

So she can share her testimony with the spanish speakers that she meets.

Please tell me that I will be that rad when I am 90 years old.

2 comments:

Lisa Johnson said...

I'm pretty sure you will be at least that rad when you are 90, probably more so!

mikensi said...

oh, that is TOO cute! what a great example! that's the way to live life! never too old to learn anything new!