Tuesday, March 10, 2009

A veggie tale

Well we survived our week as "parents." And many things were learned.

In other news....
I've been wanting to eat a zucchini since we had pizza with it a week or so ago. I determined to make pasta with zucchini and some other veggies. Then I went to the store to buy one.

I saw lots of different kinds of long, skinny, green vegetables....but none with signs above them that said zucchini. Feeling like a vegetable imbecile I paced up and down the rows of produce. Finally I decided to buy what I thought looked the most like a zucchini and enjoy it, whatever it turned out to be.

I eagerly opened my receipt to see what I had purchased and knew I was a moron. I was now the proud owner of an Italian squash.


I ran to google to find out what in the world that was and felt a little better/worse.

Turns out Italian squash and zucchini are the same thing.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

you make me laugh.... love ya!