Thursday, November 20, 2008

I'm so hungry

Last night I was sad (again) and I finally burst in to tears and admitted, "I want to go home."

Li, in an effort to calm me down, said, "No. Home is boring. You don't need to see your family."

And through my tears I responded, "Noooo, I just want the food."

He then proceeded to name all the food related perks of being at home while I cried harder and harder. Things like...someone is always going to Wendy's or TacoBell. There are family dinners and birthday parties all the time. I can always count on finding something to eat in one of my Grandma's pantries or even an aunt or uncle if they aren't home. There are restaurants nearby....

And what I REALLY want to eat right now is birthday cake (slash "lard cake") I'm sure someone at home would support me in that craving!

8 comments:

mikensi said...

you poor pregnant thing! :( food cravings and puking. i really do feel bad for you! wish i could do something for you! you know those preggie pops i told you about? i guess candies work just as good. sour kinds. like maybe jolly ranchers even. the end!

S.N.D said...

i must agree with mikensi..you are really pregnant.sorry for blog stalking.But I am so glad I found your blog.

Lisa Johnson said...

I'm not "family" but I'm close. Want me to express mail you something from Southern Utah? Hope you feel better!

Laurel said...

Oh, Jen, that really stinks. And honestly, I'm not sure if people really understand how long 40 weeks can be, but hopefully you'll stop feeling sick soon. By the way, what is it with your family and lard cake?

Amber said...

Hang in there!!! It is a wierd kind of home sickness, but I haven't gotten it too, even when I'm not pregnant... one place,

Cafe Rio

Hope that wasn't putting salt into the wound :) Love you girl! Take care!

Anonymous said...

Try lemon drops. Seriously. It should help!! Good luck.

Melissa Scott said...

Ditto on the Cafe Rio.. I probably don't appreciate it enough. Jen.. maybe a non-alcholic margarita would do the trick? I have no idea, but hey it sounds good.

Tasha said...

hey hey hey! come eat some of our food. we have too much and we're leaving soon!